However, for your best oral health, The American Dental Association advises that you visit the dentist at least twice a year for professional dental cleanings and examinations. Professional cleanings will help keep your smile bright, healthy, and beautiful while examinations will prevent major oral health problems from worsening or developing.
Professional Dental Cleanings
When you come in for your cleaning and full dental examination, your dentist will assess your overall oral health by:
- Reviewing your oral hygiene habits
- Gauging your risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer
- Analyzing your bite and jaw for any issues
- Checking existing tooth restorations
- Taking dental x-rays, if necessary
Routine visits twice yearly will ensure your smile’s optimal health. Contact Family & Implant Dentistry of Boynton Beach today to schedule your next visit!