A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cover or cap that is placed over your tooth by your dentist in order to restore its shape, size, strength, and appearance. Once the crown is permanently put into place, the crown fully encases the entire visible portion of the tooth.
A dental crown can be used to as a solution to several different dental issues, such as:
- Cover a severely discolored tooth
- Hold a cracked tooth together
- Cover and support a damaged or decayed tooth
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking
- Restore a broken or severely worn tooth
Dental crowns can also be used in association with dental implants, dental bridges, and root canal therapy.
With proper care and regular dental appointments, your dental crown can last for many years. If you think that your smile can benefit from a dental crown, contact our experienced dental team at Family & Implant Dentistry of Boynton Beach today.